Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rhubarb Gin Rickey


When I was a teenager my favorite drink was a lime rickey, you could get them from some semi-local fast food chain and they were good. Not too sweet, fizzy, and perfect on a hot summer day. Now that I’m all grown up (or at least well past legal drinking age) there is still nothing better than a Rickey on a sunny afternoon. Yesterday we had one of the first hot afternoons of the season and so I took a break from chopping rhubarb to mix up a Rhubarb Gin Rickey

Juice of ½ lime
1 ½ ounces of gin (or more, or less, to taste)
½ ounce rhubarb simple syrup
Soda water or seltzer

Combine first three ingredients in a pint glass, fill glass with ice, top with bubbly water, stir once or twice to combine, garnish with a wedge of lime.

As I mentioned before I was surprised how subtle the flavors are in this. I made one for the fellow and after he reluctantly accepted a ‘girlie colored’ drink he agreed .

No comments:

Post a Comment